Advising: If you are trying to make an appointment with me for (under-graduate) advising, please go to meetme.so/Ceberio and suggest three 15-minute time slots among the times that are NOT shown busy,at least 2 business days in advance. Also please make sure that you are making time suggestions on Mountain Standard Time.
YISD-Webinar-030614 about code.org on March 6, 2014
- CoProD’13 workshop was held at UTEP, El Paso, Texas, on November 1 & 2, 2013.
- Current projects on:
- prediction of experts’ decisions using Choquet integral and optimization, as well as argumentation networks and soft constraints
- reduced-order modeling of large computationally-intensive problems
- global optimization and constraint solving
- a Virtual GeoCaching Game
My main research areas are:
- Optimization: global, local, and robust algorithms
- Multi-criteria decision making, and decision under uncertainty, combination with interval computations
- Continuous constraint solving: symbolic-numeric algorithms aiming at enhancing the solving process, flexible/soft constraints
- Interval computations: more accurate evaluation of interval functions, handling uncertainty
- Applications of constraints and optimization: e.g., bio-medical engineering, computer security, software engineering
- Others: non-square interval matrices, tensors
For a more complete description of my work on these topics, visit the research section of this website or the website of my research group: CR2G.
Other web resources:
- Constraint Research and Reading Group (CR2G): website of my research group
- Constraint Solving: website about constraints where you can find tutorials on constraints, soft constraints, a list of conferences related to constraints, a list of people doing research in constraint-related areas, a guide about constraint solvers, etc.
Resource: For all students in need of help regarding time management, please take 5 minutes to visit this link to a time management diagnostic tool.
Archives: The documents for my tenure application (2011-2012) are available on this website (under “misc”).
Computer Science Department, Room CCS 3.0406
Chemistry and Computer Science Building
University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University Avenue
El Paso, TX 79968-0518
tel: 915 747 6950
fax: 915 747 5030