Advising: If you are trying to make an appointment with me for (under-graduate) advising, please go to meetme.so/Ceberio and suggest three 15-minute time slots among the times that are NOT shown busy,at least 2 business days in advance. Also please make sure that you are making time suggestions on Mountain Standard Time.
Resource: For all students in need of help regarding time management, please take 5 minutes to visit this link to a time management diagnostic tool.
News: (as of 08/29/2013)
- CoProD’13 workshop will be held at UTEP, El Paso, Texas, on November 1 & 2, 2013.
- Current projects on:
- prediction of experts’ decisions using Choquet integral and optimization, as well as argumentation networks and soft constraints
- global optimization and constraint solving
- a Virtual GeoCaching Game
- The documents for my tenure application are now available on this website (under “misc”): these are probably dated now (as of 2011).
My main research areas are:
- Optimization: global, local, and robust algorithms
- Multi-criteria decision making, and decision under uncertainty, combination with interval computations
- Continuous constraint solving: symbolic-numeric algorithms aiming at enhancing the solving process, flexible/soft constraints
- Interval computations: more accurate evaluation of interval functions, handling uncertainty
- Applications of constraints and optimization: e.g., bio-medical engineering, computer security, software engineering
- Others: non-square interval matrices, tensors
For a more complete description of my work on these topics, visit the research section of this website or the website of my research group: CR2G.
Other web resources: provided by Dr. Ceberio
- Constraint Research and Reading Group (CR2G): website of Dr. Ceberio’s research group
- Constraint Solving: website about constraints in general where you can find tutorials on constraints, soft constraints, a list of conferences related to constraints, a list of people doing research in constraint-related areas, a guide about constraint solvers, etc.
Computer Science Department, Room CCS 3.0406
Chemistry and Computer Science Building
University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University Avenue
El Paso, TX 79968-0518
tel: 915 747 6950
fax: 915 747 5030